Digital Display Gages - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Digital Display Gages
Sunday, July 29, 2007 3:07 PM
Does anyone make them?

If not I'm gonna make my own custom ones that would be the best looking display.



Re: Digital Display Gages
Sunday, July 29, 2007 3:11 PM
are you looking to replace your whole cluster with digital gauges? check out www.dakotadigital.com ... pricey, but most likely the best solution.
Re: Digital Display Gages
Sunday, July 29, 2007 11:19 PM
Cyberdyne has individual gauges:
http://www.egauges.com/Cyb_main.asp

Volt, A/F, Oil Pressure


Speedo and tach


Water temp:


Fuel:


(not sure why I ordered this one, but...) and outside air temp:


Dakota's replacement is about $1k, a full Cyberdyne setup is ~$550... all depends on what you are looking for.

More pics of other setups (Mine's under construction)

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=46&i=247582&t=247582#247582
http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=46&i=267292&t=267292#267292
http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=46&i=270085&t=270085#270085









Re: Digital Display Gages
Monday, July 30, 2007 4:02 PM
anyone have pics of the dakota setup in a 95-99 gauge cluster?


"sometimes the respect is more important..."
Re: Digital Display Gages
Monday, July 30, 2007 5:13 PM
there's only one person that I know of that has this setup



http://www.j-body.org/members/quiklilcav/cars/1/



Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, July 30, 2007 5:13 PM








Re: Digital Display Gages
Tuesday, July 31, 2007 7:59 PM
Just finished assembling this about 20 minutes ago











Re: Digital Display Gages
Wednesday, August 01, 2007 3:29 PM
Kardain how was the assembly? did you just cut a new piece to cover the old gauge face or how exactly did you do that. i really love the look of digital gauges and am really thinking about doing it. i am decent with electrical but not exactly the electrical in the j body so i may just order the dakota ones.


"sometimes the respect is more important..."
Re: Digital Display Gages
Wednesday, August 01, 2007 5:20 PM
Cut a piece of aluminum the same shape as the trim piece, cut all the idiot light pieces out of the backing plate, measured and drilled all the mounting spots for the gauges

the circuit board and old gauge face are history.









Re: Digital Display Gages
Thursday, August 02, 2007 10:32 AM
Dont mind the mess :





cyberdyne gauges FTW. The install was very easy as long as you follow the wiring properly.

There are a few other .org members that have done this as well. Gary (John 317) and Brad (Doublezed) are two I can think of at the top of my head.

you can get pretty much any type of gauge on the market in digital form now.







Re: Digital Display Gages
Friday, August 03, 2007 10:08 AM
OMG POPPA
Is that all Fibreglassed? It's BEAUTIFUL!



Buddy Club Ecotec Cavalier
* More to come *
Re: Digital Display Gages
Friday, August 03, 2007 2:09 PM
Jay Corkum wrote:

OMG POPPA
Is that all Fibreglassed? It's BEAUTIFUL!



no fiberglass he actually carved that out of a redwood tree.


http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography

Re: Digital Display Gages
Sunday, August 05, 2007 9:09 AM
big poppa that is gorgeous!!


"sometimes the respect is more important..."
Re: Digital Display Gages
Sunday, August 05, 2007 6:03 PM
Quote:

no fiberglass he actually carved that out of a redwood tree.


Yup...carving that dash from a red wood was a PITA



It is all fiberglassed, I finished building it a little while ago now, I just haven't cleaned up the interior yet...I'm trying to finish the widebody work before I finish up the interior right now.




Re: Digital Display Gages
Monday, August 06, 2007 6:54 AM
big poppa wrote:

Dont mind the mess :





cyberdyne gauges FTW. The install was very easy as long as you follow the wiring properly.

There are a few other .org members that have done this as well. Gary (John 317) and Brad (Doublezed) are two I can think of at the top of my head.

you can get pretty much any type of gauge on the market in digital form now.





MOTHER OF GOD !!! vince that is very sexy, so much better then any other interior you have ever done!! and I thought the out side is looking hot!! you are gonna have people passing out while looking at your car





Re: Digital Display Gages
Tuesday, August 07, 2007 4:29 PM
^ lol thanks man.

I've decided to go crazy on the interior as well...I guess you could say I'm going out with a bang.





Re: Digital Display Gages
Tuesday, August 07, 2007 9:08 PM
Kardain wrote:

Just finished assembling this about 20 minutes ago



wanna make me one?


Desert Tuners

“When you come across a big kettle of crazy, it’s best not to stir it.”


Re: Digital Display Gages
Wednesday, August 08, 2007 6:31 PM
^^I'd consider it, but these aren't plug 'n play









Re: Digital Display Gages
Thursday, August 09, 2007 4:37 AM
does look good though Rob. keep up the good work.


Desert Tuners

“When you come across a big kettle of crazy, it’s best not to stir it.”


Re: Digital Display Gages
Saturday, August 11, 2007 1:26 PM
Kardain what all gauges are in ur cluster now?


"sometimes the respect is more important..."
Re: Digital Display Gages
Saturday, August 11, 2007 1:43 PM
Water temp, tach, speedo, fuel in the cluster (from left to right)

On the pillar: volt, A/F, oil pressure (top down)

the last one, air temp, I'll probably thread into the intake for an IAT reading.

Only dash indicators I have are l/r turn, high beam, e-brake, and check engine









Re: Digital Display Gages
Sunday, August 12, 2007 5:57 AM
OK, this question of "where can I get a digital cluster?" comes up fairly often. I'd like to try to gauge the real interest here.

If you could get a plug-and-play digital cluster with all of the factory warning lights, in your choice of a few different colors, with some options available, how many people would be seriously interested, and what would you be willing to pay. Keep in mind the fact that to purchase the gauges alone are $400-500 if you purchase them and install yourself.

I've designed a cluster and I'm currently pricing out sources for some of the components, but I am sure that I could make them reasonable. They would be less than the custom Dakota Digital setup, and as said, they would retain all factory warning lights (something the DD doesn't have), and they would be plug and play, with just a few simple wires to run.

Is there a real interest in something like this?







Re: Digital Display Gages
Sunday, August 12, 2007 3:15 PM
sndsgood wrote:

Jay Corkum wrote:

OMG POPPA
Is that all Fibreglassed? It's BEAUTIFUL!



no fiberglass he actually carved that out of a redwood tree.


Redwood, I would have said bluewood atleast, dun dun dunnnnnnn.

Anyways, on with my browsing.


----------------------------


Re: Digital Display Gages
Sunday, August 12, 2007 8:36 PM
Quiklilcav wrote:

OK, this question of "where can I get a digital cluster?" comes up fairly often. I'd like to try to gauge the real interest here.

If you could get a plug-and-play digital cluster with all of the factory warning lights, in your choice of a few different colors, with some options available, how many people would be seriously interested, and what would you be willing to pay. Keep in mind the fact that to purchase the gauges alone are $400-500 if you purchase them and install yourself.

I've designed a cluster and I'm currently pricing out sources for some of the components, but I am sure that I could make them reasonable. They would be less than the custom Dakota Digital setup, and as said, they would retain all factory warning lights (something the DD doesn't have), and they would be plug and play, with just a few simple wires to run.

Is there a real interest in something like this?


count me in.




Under Construction
Re: Digital Display Gages
Sunday, August 12, 2007 10:22 PM
Quik, I'd love to have one.

just money is an issue right now. maybe during next year's tax season.


Desert Tuners

“When you come across a big kettle of crazy, it’s best not to stir it.”


Re: Digital Display Gages
Monday, August 13, 2007 9:39 AM
FReQ Z (CDM Z24 coming soon!) wrote:

Quik, I'd love to have one.

just money is an issue right now. maybe during next year's tax season.

No prob man. I'm just trying to get a feel for how many people might be seriously interested. I'm not expecting everyone to jump on it and buy them right away. There would be a lead time on it, because although I'm sourcing some things, I'd be building each one myself.





Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

 

Start New Topic Advanced Search